I read some Selected Poems by Emily Dickinson, which is a good way to fill little pockets of time here and there. Some of my favorites:
- “Hope” is the thing with feathers
- I felt a Funeral, in my Brain
- I’m Nobody! Who are you?
- I know some lonely Houses off the Road
- Death sets a Thing significant
- It’s coming – the postponeless Creature –
- It might be lonelier
- We grow accustomed to the Dark –
- A Charm invests a Face
- The going from a world we know
- Fame is a bee
If you’re hankerin’ for some Emily Dickinson set to music, check out John Adams’ orchestral piece Harmonium, which uses Donne’s Negative Love in addition to Dickinson’s Because I could not stop for Death and Wild Nights – Wild Nights!. It’s a phenomenal piece of music.